Write On Right Now!: The waiting part of the business- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The waiting part of the business

It's tough, this waiting things out in the writing business. I write something. I revise it once, twice, maybe three times. I send it to my wonderful critique group and wait for a response. While I'm waiting I find more things I need to revise. Get comments back from group and I revise again. Send it back to group for more feedback. Revise YET again. Then I sit on it for a week even though I am DYING to send it to my agent right away. And don't you know that after a week, when I take another look, there's more revising to do. Finally send it to my agent and wait for her response. Guess what? MORE REVISING to be done. Big surprise. Finally it goes out to publishers and the real waiting begins. Sigh.

It wouldn't be so bad if I was deep into another project but I'm not yet. And my body is exhausted from the big push of the last few months so I know I need to take a couple of weeks to relax and revive myself. But I get grumpy when I'm not writing. I give it three days and my husband will be begging me to go back to work.

Write on, right now,
Susan

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 15, 2005, Blogger soaringcosmos.blogspot.com said...

Susan! What a treat, seeing your comment in my LJ this morning.

I think I stumbled into here a couple months back, but forgot to bookmark. Thanks for leaving a link.

I love your blog - and your website is AMAZING! Truly, I'm blown away here.

I had a server crash last fall, so had to rebuild mine. I've got a tiny links page compared to what it was, and have been adding to it here and there as I run across old friends. Just added yours. Thank for linking to my blog :o)

Stay in touch when you can, will ya? It was great to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home