Write On Right Now!: What to write next?- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What to write next?

Wow - I haven't been in this mode for a long time. After 4 months of working day and night (between the day job and sleep) on the new website (you haven't checked it out yet, how come?), then last night staying up way past my bedtime (I hate those 5 am alarms) to finish my latest article for the Children's Writer Newsletter and now I'm done and have to figure out what writing project to pick up next. Okay, so the house is a mess, the garden needs attention and there are 2 weeks worth of laundry waiting to be done but for the rest of this week I don't care. I am going to go home from work and vegetate, play with my dog, read (yes!) and try to figure out my next book. Is it the jazz book? A MG novel that only has a couple of chapters, 2 characters, and a lot of research books still to be read? Is it the flying book? A YA novel that I have been writing and rewriting for over 15 years. (sad, huh?) Is it another verse novel about my time working with at-risk kids?

Yikes! I don't know. All I know is that my agent doesn't want me to work on picture books right now so of course, that's all I can think about.

Write on, right now.
Susan

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 14, 2005, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

No picture books, hu? Should the rest of us take that as a clue and work on something else too? Good luck with whatever you choose to work on next. I'm sure it will be great!

 
At Tuesday, June 14, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

I don't know, Kim. I think she is trying to work with me on "branding" and I'm trying to listen to her and not be a chicken about it. Maybe my picture books just stink. :-)
Write on right now, Susan

 
At Tuesday, June 14, 2005, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

In response to your question on my blog...I don't know where to put responses either! I think that's one of the nice things about LJ. I'm have my settings so that I get an email when a LJ person responds. But, I'm too settled in here to change now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home