Write On Right Now!: Not writing is simply not writing- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Not writing is simply not writing

It's been one of those good non-writing days but I still feel guilty because I didn't work on my novel. I only have a few hours each night after work and then the weekends to write but this website overhaul has absolutely consumed me. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think there are only a few pages that still need content and the designer has to finish my database but I am closing in on being able to say DONE! I'm at the point now where I am checking each page for typos and fine tuning and color changes. I spent more time than I could have imagined trying to figure out what bullet to use. I'm up to 143 pages and there will probably be a couple more before I am done. I think I am still on track to launch for June 1st. At least that's the plan.

So I'm busy doing a lot of non-writing things and yet I feel very much like a writer. I'm checking artwork on one book. Working on PR for the two books coming out. Setting up interviews, finishing the website, writing teaching guides - it's all part of the career building plan - but I can't forget that if I don't write, I have no career.

Soon, the words are starting to fight for attention and the voices in my head are getting louder. I think I will go back to the middle grade novel but the YA voice is also clamoring for attention. I can only work on one novel at a time...who will it be...D.C. or Jayde?

Write on, right now.
Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home