Write On Right Now!: new book envy- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

new book envy

I'm bummed. My new picture book, Oliver's Must-Do List, is almost out. My illustrator received her first copy of it a week ago and I am still waiting for mine. Wah! I want to see my new baby.

It's always weird, holding a new book in your hand for the first time. I wrote it years ago, sold it years ago, and have moved on to other projects while waiting for this one to come to life. I am a different writer than I was when I wrote Oliver (this is a good thing) but because of that, I find that I am also harsh with myself concerning a critique of the final product. And then the waiting starts for that first review. Please let them be good. Please please please.

It looks like the book will be out on the Boyds Mills Press table at BEA. Of course I didn't think about that so I didn't have the postcards or bookmarks or teaching guide ready. Must get organized, really I must, or if not organized I need to learn to go without sleep so I have enough time to do all that needs doing for my writing career in addition to the full time job.

Write on, right now.
Susan

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 19, 2005, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

See, once again, I am soooo confused by all this marketing stuff. If the book is almost out, why aren't they promoting it on their web site yet? Be sure to tell us all about it once it's out. I can't wait to hear the scoop!

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Well it can be out but not OUT, which is goofy, I know. The books are printed and sent to reviewers (but not reviewed yet) and it will be at BEA but the official release date isn't until October so it will probably be in the stores around September. Makes a body crazy! It's on Amazon but with no picture yet.

Thanks goodness for friends to help spread the word.

Write on, right now.
Susan

 
At Friday, May 20, 2005, Blogger iTripped said...

I know of someone else going through the same process. Her book was just put on Amazon yesterday. obligatory link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0973346973/qid=1116545439/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i4_xgl14/002-3431622-8669612?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

She's going through the 'pregnant pause' phase, where we all wait and see if it becomes a commercial success.

 
At Saturday, May 21, 2005, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Ah, another author to add to my roll!

Congratz on the pic book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home