Write On Right Now!: Not enough time to write- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Not enough time to write

I suppose I should resign myself to the fact that I will never be caught up in life but it's hard. My head is always bursting with ideas I want to write about, promotional projects I want to try, books I want to read, but there's that darn 24-hour-day to live with and that means something has to give. Sometimes it's sleep, like lately, when I have been trying to go live with the site but often it is a project I really and truly wanted to work on. I guess I need to accept the fact that I will never be able to tell all the stories I want to tell. I could fool myself and say it if I were more organized, if I were home fulltime, if I - fill in the blanks - but in my heart I know that none of that really matters. Thinking about all that depresses me which makes me procrastinate about a bunch of more projects which weighs me down even more.

So I am going back to the goal I have used on and off for a while. I will try to do at least one thing every day to further my writing career. Hopefully more than that but if I can do just one, I'll know I'm taking steps in the right direction. I'd like to say that I will focus more on the journey but knowing myself as I do I imagine that will be tough. But still, one step at a time.

What does that mean for this week? Finishing an article that is due, going through the past 4 months of emails and finding the important ones I missed (and answering them) , working on some publicity for the new picture book, and maybe most importantly, figuring out what the heck it is I want to write next.

Write on, right now.
Susan

3 Comments:

At Monday, June 13, 2005, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Hi Susan,

I've visited here many times, posted a few comments and even linked you to my site. But not until today did I realize that you are THAT Susan Taylor Brown. I knew you were a writer, but I just put one and one together today. I'm honored that you visited my blog today. We share a byline in the book Jump at the Sun, I am the illustrator for Say Hey. Also, I own your book CAN I PRAY WITH MY EYES OPEN. Anyway, thanks again.

 
At Monday, June 13, 2005, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

Congratulations on finishing that website. It is AWESOME! I can't wait for a spare minute to dig in. There's sooooo much there. Lots for teachers, writers and parents to love! I wish more people had the energy to promote literature the way you have on your site. Fantastic work!

 
At Monday, June 13, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Oh how cool is that?! I love the idea of being "that" Susan Taylor Brown. I am always surprised at how small the writing world is. Thanks for your kind words, Don. I enjoy reading your rants.

Write on, right now.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home