Write On Right Now!: One of those days when I want a "do over"- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

One of those days when I want a "do over"

There are days you just can't or don't want to put into words. Today is one of those days. I feel old, dumb, unmotivated, not very creative, grumpy, not a very nice person, disorganized, and nothing like the writer I want to be. And it's one of those days that you just can't point to one thing and say, there, that's what did it. Instead it was the piling up of all sorts of things that just makes the kind of day you want to forget.

On top of it all, I had blogging nightmares last night. How frigging insane is that? Even for me that is out there. I think it's because I was blog surfing last night and read someone's blog about how someone had told them they weren't blogging right. And immediately my insecurities jumped up full force and screamed at me, "See, I TOLD you there were rules and you're probably not doing it right either." And I wondered why it is that just doing something my way is never good enough for me, no matter what it is? What is it that other people have that allow them to be themselves and be happy with the person that turns out to be? How come other people can play and I simply haven't a clue as to how?

Why is just being me never good enough for me? Or maybe the real question is why am I afraid to be who I am?

Write on, right now.
Susan

3 Comments:

At Friday, June 17, 2005, Blogger soaringcosmos.blogspot.com said...

I love your blog :o)

Here's to being what we are, and making our blogs our own (which means we're doing it right!).

 
At Friday, June 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No such thing as blogging the right way. That's crazy. It's your page, do whatever you want.

 
At Friday, June 17, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Thanks, Haemi! You are great for my ego. I managed to bounce back from this downer in less than 24 hours.

And Kitkat, thanks for popping by. I know you're right - there's no wrong way to blog. I feel sorry for that poor person whose blog brought it up. Evidently she had been getting a bad time from a ton of people about doing it wrong.

Write on, right now.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home