Write On Right Now!: They say it's my birthday- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

They say it's my birthday

Yup...watch out for all the candles on the cake 'cause I'm celebrating today. Thanks to Cynthia Lord for the virtual birthday cake. My husband, bless his wonderful heart, got up with me at 5am to give me my birthday gift so I didn't have to wait all day. It was a lovely gold and silver necklace and earring set in a Celtic knot. I also have a beautiful bouquet of flowers at home and when I got to work, 2 dozen roses were delivered to me there. Do I feel spoiled? You bet! My son called in-between classes from college, my boss brought me a yummy chocolatine with a candle in it and my cubicle mate took me to lunch. My husband is on his way home from work and we are off, over the hill, to Santa Cruz for dinner. I haven't made up my mind where yet but most likely it will be The Crepe Place, my favorite hangout. First a stop at Bookshop Santa Cruz, Logos Books, and Capitola Book Cafe, then The Crepe Place for something yummy and a pot of chai. We probably won't sit in the garden since it is, if you can believe it RAINING at the moment but hopefully there will be a patch of dry so we can go walk some on the beach.

Favorite birthday memory from childhood was when I was 8 or 9 years old. I used to get so excited about birthdays (or any special event) that I would get sick so my mom, who had to work all day, hid little presents all over the house. Then she would call me throughout the day and tell me where to go look for something. Favorite birthday cake - American Beauty cake, four layers of red velvet moist chocolate cake with the yummy cooked frosting. We used to hide a penny, nickel, dime, and a quarter in it for luck.

What's your favorite birthday memory?

Write on right now.
Susan

6 Comments:

At Friday, July 22, 2005, Blogger soaringcosmos.blogspot.com said...

Susan,

Happy Birthday!

My favorite birthdays have been my last two. Last year, my family and friends threw me my first ever surprise birthday party (with a Harry Potter theme, which is funny, because I have yet to read the books - but Adria adores them). This year, they surprised me again - in Walt Disney World :o)

I hope yours was perfect. Hugs!

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

Hope you had a Happy Birthday! Hmmm. I used to think I loved birthdays, but I can't think of a single birthday memory. Now, that's odd! Hope yours was great!

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005, Blogger iTripped said...

Happy belated birthday. My favorite birthday moment was on my 25th birthday. My family had arranged for me to take a ride in a Cessna float plane. We flew along Howe Sound (just north of Vancouver) for about half an hour, and the pilot told me to pay attention because he wanted me to fly the plane while he chatted up the people in the back seats! I still have a picture on my desk of me in that airplane.

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't think of a single birthday memory (OMGWTF?!) but I want to wish you a good one, and a prosperous new-you year!

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Haemi - I loved reading about your birthday party on vacation. What fun. I've never had a surprise party in my life. I'm not sure how I would handle it. :-0

This year's birthday was really nice, quiet, but relaxing. I was just so tickled to have some people from work remember and say something.

Kim and Saundra - Yikes on no birthday memories. I hope there are other wonderful memories for you both.

itripped - okay...every time you post about flying I remember something about flying. How cool that you got to actually fly! I remember being about 10/11 years old and my uncle had his flying license for not too long and offered to take me up, much to my mom's dismay. A little Cessna something, 152 maybe? He did a stall without warning and scared the bejesus out of me. (to say nothing of my mom on the ground.)

 
At Sunday, July 24, 2005, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Happy belated! Sorry I overlooked this post. You know, I always hated birthday parties as a child. I'm wierd, I know. But I was shy. Not just shy, but REALLY shy. So the agony of a birthday party, with people I'd have to socialize with, whether mine or anyone elses, was just not fun. Birthdays became fun when I had children. My son is the outgoing socialite, so throwing birthday parties for him, as well as my daughters when they were kids, are SO fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home