Write On Right Now!: I am officially a Tricycle Press author!- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I am officially a Tricycle Press author!

At last, after very long negotiations where my wonderful agent Jodi Reamer earned every single penny of her commission, I am thrilled to announce a sale! Tricycle Press just bought my middle grade verse novel HUGGING THE ROCK which they want to bring out fall of 2006.

I'm doing the happy dance!

Write on right now.
Susan

8 Comments:

At Thursday, July 07, 2005, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

You are awesome! Congratulations. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this book and your other new releases!

 
At Thursday, July 07, 2005, Blogger roz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At Thursday, July 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge congratulations! I'm so happy to hear about your fab news! Keep me posted!
debbi

 
At Friday, July 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful!!

 
At Friday, July 08, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Thank you all for the congrats. I'm still floating. Life is good. May "let's make a sale" fairy visit you all, and soon.

Write on right now.
Susan

 
At Friday, July 08, 2005, Blogger Don Tate II said...

Oh, I''m jealous, jealous, jealous! I saw their booth at IRA and decided they were in my publishing future. Wait for me, I still plan on filling out your reader survey, I've just been too swamped as of late.

Oh, and congrats! Can't wait until I can blog the same thing. Now, tell me: how long from start to finish did this take.

 
At Friday, July 08, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Thanks so much everyone! It is such fun to be able to share this with so many people.

Don, it took a while. I finished the first version of the book November 2002. The deal came July 2005. In-between there I changed agents, revised the manuscript twice more,and bit my nails, a lot. Tricycle had the first version of the book for over a year.

It's worth it. Really it is. And I am so excited that Tricycle is only about an hour away from me.

Keep believing in the dream.

Write on right now,
Susan

 
At Saturday, July 09, 2005, Blogger soaringcosmos.blogspot.com said...

Oh, yay! Congrats, Susan!

I love the title :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home