Write On Right Now!: Shameless self-promotion- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Shameless self-promotion

Lately people who have been visiting my website have commented on how large it is and how they are afraid they might miss something really good. I decided to post a few of what I think are the highlights of the site (it is pretty dense) and if anyone else thinks I left something out, well feel free to let me know.

In the teachers section the teaching guides database is your link to over 1000 curriculum guides for children's books (and growing all the time.) Authors are encouraged to submit their information to be added to the database. I really believe authors need to make it easier for teachers to connect their books to the classroom curriculum and a teaching guide for your book is a great way to do it. You can search by title, author, illustrator, category and keywords. Give it a spin. And while you're in the teacher's area, check out the children's authors match game. Ever wonder what some of your favorite children's authors looked like as a kid? Now's your chance.

If you need free content for your parenting, homeschool, teacher newsletter or website, check out some of my previously published parenting articles that I am offering as free reprints. Those looking for a spiritual freebie can reprint my popular 10 Things Your Child Should Know About Prayer piece.

Quotes about writing is one of my favorite pages and I add to it often and if you need to kick back and relax, how about watching one of these 200 movies about writers? And if you need a jumpstart with your writing, there are plenty of writing exercises to get you going. My favorite is STORYPARTS an interactive story building that is great for all ages but lots of fun for kids.

There's more, of course, but I hope that's enough to get folks interested in checking it out.

Write on right now.
Susan

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 13, 2005, Blogger soaringcosmos.blogspot.com said...

Susan, what a great idea to post a starting point for your visitors! I added a direct link from my friendship garden.

 
At Wednesday, July 13, 2005, Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

Susan,

Great resources! Thanks for sharing the highlights with us!

Kim

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2005, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Thanks, Haemi & Kim. I am really wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get the teachers to use the teaching guides database.

 
At Saturday, July 16, 2005, Blogger Modigliani said...

W O W !
I didn't even know you had that stuff. :)
Thanks for the heads up, Susan. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home