Write On Right Now!: What stops you from doing this?- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Monday, June 27, 2005

What stops you from doing this?

I talk a lot here about what gets in my way with my writing (me) but I wonder, what about you?

"There's one thing your writing must have to be any good at all. It must have you. Your soul, your self, your heart, your guts, your voice -- you must be on that page. In the end, you can't make the magic happen for your reader. You can only allow the miracle of 'being one with' to take place. So dare to be yourself. Dare to reveal yourself. Be honest, be open, be true...If you are, everything else will fall into place." Elizabeth Ayres

What keeps you from bringing yourself to the page? What gets in the way of you being able to write with emotional honestly? What stops you from being the writer you want to be?

And what would you write if you knew you could not fail?

Write on, right now.
Susan

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good question! Right now, the things most stopping me from writing are preparing for my sister's upcoming wedding and a possible move (shhhh). I also can't write when I'm traveling. These might be superficial reasons, but all I know is that my mind is much too preoccupied and jumbled to quiet enough to listen to my characters. It's very unfortunate since one of my characters from a story I stopped mid-way whispered to me a couple of nights ago, and then quieted completely. She knows I'm not really paying attention. In times like these, I just accept it's not a writing time for me. I use it for what Jane Yolen calls "gathering." Reading, observing, experiencing - percolating. I know I'll get back to my writing soon - and when I do, I'll be completely immersed. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home