Write On Right Now!: Writing Prompt - The Monster Under Your Bed- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Writing Prompt - The Monster Under Your Bed

Many of us had childhood fears that made falling asleep difficult. (Some of them carry over into adulthood.) My fear wasn't the monster under my bed but rather the one in my ceiling. Think back to being a child, either your own childhood or your character in a current WIP, and write about what make that person afraid to go to sleep at night.

Write on, right now.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Blogger Catherine said...

I wrote a story for my daughter about that...we even made her a stuffed monster to go with it. I could not afford books for my children so I wrote them stories and presonalized them-- it made each child feel special. Today I'm doing that for my grandchildren.

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Blogger Susan Taylor Brown said...

Thanks for sharing your memory with me. I love the idea of you carrying this tradition forward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home