Write On Right Now!: Writing Prompt - Poetry Friday/Haiku- Writing Prompts & Exercises to Get You Writing Now!

Write On Right Now!

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to write. And that would be me. I've moved my journal about my writing life over to LiveJournal http://susanwrites.livejournal.com This blog will be filled with writing prompts and exercises so we can all write on right now! Please feel free to share your favorites.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Writing Prompt - Poetry Friday/Haiku

Over in the children's literature blogging world a phenomenon called Poetry Friday is building up steam. Children's literature lovers post their favorite poems and discuss the art of poetry. I am going to try and add a poetry exercise here on Fridays.

Since my Poetry Friday post for the day in my other blog is about haiku, today's writing prompt is for you to write a haiku. At its most basic level, haiki is comprised of three lines, 5-7-5 syllables. Think images. Think emotions. Think nature.

Look out the window and pause to reflect a moment on whatever bit of nature you can see. If you are in an office building, look up at the sky and the clouds. Now, close your eyes and try to recall that same image. Now, write a haiku about it.

Write on, right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home